- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 500g chicken drumstick
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- Using blender, puree chicken broth, garlic, hoisin sauce, ginger, soy sauce, honey and pepper.
- Transfer to small saucepan and bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- In large pot, add 2-inch deep oil; heat over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, fry wings, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel to drain out excess oil.
- Heat oil again. Working in 2 batches, fry chicken drumstick again until browned. Drain on paper towel.
- Immediately transfer to large bowl, add half of ginger-garlic sauce and toss.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Use the remaining sauce for dipping.