Lumpiang ubod has become one of the must-have food in every Filipino handaan. The softness of the traditional lumpia wrapper, coupled with the crunchy (and not to mention, healthy!) ubod is mouth-watering in itself. Whether you choose to eat it as it is, along with the sautéed vegetables and choice meat, or have it with the tasty sauce and peanuts, you will never regret sinking your teeth into this wrapped delicacy.
Thinking about preparing lumpiang ubod for your next meal? This tasty treat is easy to make! You can choose to have pork for your protein, but healthier options include chicken and prawns. Saute these meat and the ubod along with your choice of vegetables such as carrots or cabbage, and simmer them in chicken broth for a tender filling. Wrap the filling in a lettuce leaf in addition to the lumpia wrapper to add more crunch to your bite!
Now follow this simple recipe to satisfy your savoury cravings with this fresh and healthy Lumpiang Ubod!
For the filling
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 100 g prawns, peeled and chopped
- 500 g ubod, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 100 g Baguio beans, julienned
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 12 pcs medium – large size lumpia wrapper
- 12 pcs lettuce leaves
For the lumpia sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1-2 cups peanuts, toasted and ground
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add chopped prawns and stir until it changes color.
- Add chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
- Stir in the ubod and carrots.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Add enough chicken broth for the vegetables to become tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Wrap a portion of the filling and a lettuce leaf on a wrapper.
- Mix all the ingredients together, excluding the peanuts and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat, then add the minced garlic.
- Serve with sprinkled ground peanuts.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....