- 6-8 small oranges
- 1 lemon (Use the zest and juice)
- 6 cups water
- 1 kg granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons brandy
- 3-4 jars or canning bottle (Sterilized)
- Cut the oranges into 1/8- inch slices, removing the seeds as you cut.
- Stack the cut oranges and cut it into quarters.
Place the oranges into a stock pot.
- Add zest and juice of lemon and water.
Set the heat into high and boil the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Once it boils, lower the heat to simmer, stirring continuously
until the oranges are soft.
- Return the heat to high then add the sugar, stirring continuously.
- Wait for the mixture to change color to a bit dark from the previous color.
- Test the mixture, when the consistency is like a soft gel and moves slightly,
it is ready.
- Place the mixture onto sterilized jars.
- Place the bottled marmalade to a pot with metal rack.
Fill the pot with water until the top of the jar.
Allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jar and cool at room temperature for 24 hours before serving.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....