- 4 chicken breasts fillet
- 4 tbsp allspice
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 10 tbsp mango chutney
- 610 ml chicken stock
- 2 sweet potato
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 cups mangoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup ginger
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp red chilli pepper flakes
- Combine sugar and vinegar in a 6 quart pot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, uncovered, until syrupy and slightly thickened, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Pour into clean bowl. Heat some oil in a pan saute garlic and the chicken until it is golden brown and remove from the pan.
- Dice the onions, carrot and potato and add to the pan, along with another clove of garlic. Leave them to sweat for a few minutes and add the curry powder and mango chutney.
- Once the vegetables have softened, return the chicken to the pan and add the chicken stock.
- Reduce the mixture until you have the desired consistency and remove from the heat.
- Peel and slice the sweet potato, coat in oil and heat on a griddle pan for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of allspice.
- Serve with rice.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....