- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. szechuan peppercorn
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 500 g. prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic-ginger puree
- 1 tbsp. chili bean sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2½ cups oil
- In a bowl, stir together the egg white, salt, and cornstarch. Add the prawns, stirring until they are coated evenly with the mixture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili bean sauce and ketchup. In a separate small bowl, stir together the chicken broth, rice wine and the sugar.
- Deep fry the prawns, until they change color. Drain on paper towels or in a colander and set aside.
- In a wok, heat 1 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic-ginger puree, and spring onions. Stir for about 15 seconds, until aromatic, then add the chili bean sauce and ketchup.
- Stir briefly, then add the chicken broth and sugar mixture into the pan.
- Boil for a few seconds, then add the prawns back into the pan. Toss quickly and serve Szhechuan prawns over rice.
(Visited 58 times, 1 visits today)
Other Great Recipes For You...
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....