- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup roast pork (asado), diced
- 250 g. medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 5 tbsp. oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- ½ cup peas
- 8 cups cold cooked rice
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- spring onions for garnish
- Toss shrimp with salt, pepper and cornstarch.
- Heat the wok and add 1 tbsp. oil. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry until they change color. Push the shrimp up to the side and add the roast pork. Stir-fry until almost done.
- Add the onion. Stir-fry until it begins to soften, then add the peas. Stir-fry until the peas turn bright green and remove from the pan.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in the wok. Add the cooked rice, stirring to separate the grains. Add food coloring if using, then beaten egg and toss.
- Add the roast pork, shrimp, onion and vegetables into the pan. Mix everything together. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve hot and garnish with spring onions.