- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into 1½ pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut diagonally
- 1 tbsp. Spanish paprika
- 1 tbsp. achuete powder
2 tbsp. fish sauce (patis)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup ground toasted rice
- ¼ cup ground peanuts
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives
- olive oil for drizzling
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet or pot, heat oil and sear chicken on all sides; set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions until fragrant. Add bell pepper, carrot, and celery; cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken. Sprinkle with paprika and achuete powder. Stir until chicken pieces are even in color. Season with fish sauce.
- Add chicken stock, ground rice, and peanuts.
- Let simmer until chicken is tender and sauce is thick.
- Transfer to a platter. Garnish with olives and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
(Visited 1,734 times, 1 visits today)
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....