- 4 1/2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 carrots, cut in chunks
- 2 stalks celery, quartered
- 1 chayote squash, peeled and quartered
- 2 potatoes, quartered
- salt to taste
- 1/4 head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the beef ribs in a large pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, and boil for 5 minutes. Drain; discard the cooking water (the ribs will not be fully cooked).
- Return the beef to the pot. Pour in the 1 quart water, peppercorns, onions, and beef bouillon. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Skim any fat floating on the surface. Stir in the carrots, celery, chayote, and potatoes; cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt. Add cabbage and cook an additional 5 minutes.
(Visited 9,267 times, 1 visits today)
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....