- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 oz. pork fillet, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cored and sliced
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, juice reserved
- Oil for frying
For Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cider vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 6 tbsp. tomato catsup
- 6 tbsp. reserved pineapple juice
- To prepare the batter, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center and add the oil and enough water to make a thick, smooth batter.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir the ingredients in the well, gradually incorporating flour from the outside, and beat until smooth.
- Heat enough oil in a wok to deep-fry the pork. Dip the pork cubes one at a time into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Fry 4-5 pieces of pork at a time and remove them with a draining spoon to paper towels.
- Continue until all the pork is fried.
- Pour off most of the oil from the wok and add the sliced onion, pepper and pineapple. Cook over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour into the wok. Bring slowly to a boil, stirring continuously until thickened. Allow to simmer for about 1-2 minutes or until completely clear.
- Add the vegetables, pineapple and pork cubes to the sauce and stir to coat completely. Reheat for 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....