- 1 2 pound beef bottom round roast
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway or dill seed
- 4 teaspoons corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the inside of a 5 quart Dutch oven with cooking spray. Over medium heat, brown the roast on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the apple juice, broth and caraway (or dill), cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours. (At this point, you can add potatoes or other vegetables if desired). If adding vegetables, cover and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat to serving platter. Stir together the 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch. Stir into the juices in the Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened and then boil 1 minute more.
Source : Get Cookin –
Source Image: http://www.taste.com.au/
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....