- 2 kg tulingan (small Mackerel tuna or any type of Mackerel)
- 50 grms pork fat, sliced into strips
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dried kamias
- 2 tbsp rock salt to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Remove gills and all internal organs of the fish then chop off tail.
- Slit both sides of the fish and press against the sides with palms of the hands to flatten the fish and soften its flesh.
- Wash thoroughly under running water, till water runs clear. Rub fish with salt in and out.
- In a saucepan, arrange the pork fat at the bottom then some of the dried kamias.
- Put the fish on top side by side. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook slowly on very low heat and simmer for about 2-3 hours till fish is done.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....