Who doesn’t love a freshly-fried piece of chicken? Fried chicken is something eaters of all age look forward to—it’s a comfort food, something that satisfies even the pickiest of palates and is synonymous with easy preparation that yields maximum crunchy goodness. This recipe elevates your mom’s fried chicken with the addition of panko breadcrumbs to the usual breadcrumbs and cornstarch mix that’s used for breading it—not only will the meat inside remain tender and moist, but it’ll be even crisper than your usual coating! The onion powder also adds a nuance of flavor that will cut through the grease and provide a change from your everyday choice of salt and pepper. Whether it’s with tomato or banana ketchup, or with some peppery brown gravy, this firm favorite for any occasion is definitely something everyone—from home cooks to professional chefs—should know how to prep!
- 2 lbs. Chicken Legs
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup regular bread crumbs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup sherry cooking wine
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sherry, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Arrang the chicken in a resealable bag. Pour-in the soy sauce mixture. Let all the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate the chicken for at least 3 hours. Note: It is recommended to marinate overnight
- Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot. Apply heat.
- Meanwhile, combine Panko with regular bread crumbs and cornstarh in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place the beaten eggs in a bowl. Dip the marinated chicken sliced in the beaten eggs, then roll over the bowl with breadcrumbs and cornstarch. Make sure that the chicken is fully coated.
- While the oil is hot (300F), but not smoking hot, slowy put-in the coated chicken. Fry for 15 minutes per side in low to medium heat. Note: do not increase the heat as it will quickly burn the crumbs leaving the inside of the chicken raw.
- Remove the party fried chicken from the cooking pot. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the oil.
- Arrange in a serving plate. Serve with your gravy of ketchup.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....