- 1 kg pork intestines (washed very well)
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 3-4 cups cooking oil (for deep frying)
For the dip:
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- dash of salt and pepper
- Clean the pork intestine very very well. Wash it thoroughly with running water.
- Put the washed intestines in pressure cooker. Add water and salt. Cover until it boils. Remove all the scum that floats. This is one important step for this recipe.
- Add the black peppercorns and bay leaves. Give a quick stir and secure the lid for pressure cooking. Set timer at 10 minutes on medium heat.
- After 10 minutes, turn off heat and realease the pressure from the cooker. Be careful of the escaping steam. Drain the content into a strainer. Rinse it with tap running water. Drain again.
- Cut the intestines into bite portions (1.5 inches) using scissors. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil on a pot for deep frying. Fry the cuts until golden brown and be careful it has a tendency to splat very hot oil! Drain excess oil.
- Serve with a spiced vinegar dip.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....