- 1/2 kilo beef tripe
- 1/4 kilo beef, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup beef bile or apdo
- 1 piece medium size onion, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 piece ginger, about 1 inch, sliced
- 2 pieces green chilies, sliced
- 2 pieces red chili pepper (siling labuyo)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon patis (fish sauce)
- Wash and mash the ox tripe with sea salt to remove the musky odor.
- Boil the ox tripe in a big pot until tender then remove from liquid and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion until cooked then add the ox tripe. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir fry for a few minutes then add some water, just enough to cover all the ingredients.
- Simmer and add the beef until cooked.
- Drop the red chili peppers and green chilies and pour the bile little by little to prevent the dish from becoming too bitter. (You may adjust the quantity of the bile according to your taste preference.)
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....