9. Sinigang na Bangus sa Miso (Milkfish in Sour Miso Soup) Recipe
1½ lbs. bangus (milkfish), cleaned, gutted and sliced into serving pieces
10 pcs. kamias (bilimbi fruit)
¼ cup white or yellow miso paste
1 pc. onion, finely chopped
1 thumb-sized ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2-3 pcs. tomatoes, finely chopped
1 bundle of mustasa (mustard greens) or romaine lettuce
5-6 cups plain water or rice wash water
2 tbsps. patis (fish sauce)
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1-2 tbsps. cooking oil
- In a huge saucepan, heat the cooking oil over medium heat. When the oil is already spattering, sauté the onions and ginger until the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and patis. Continue cooking until very aromatic but do not wilt the tomatoes.
- Put in the kamias fruits and water. Increase the heat to high. Stir the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the milkfish and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Scoop about one cup of simmering liquid into a bowl and carefully mash in the miso to loosen and dissolve. Add the mixture back into the saucepan and stir the liquid to combine. Keep simmering over lowest heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Put in the mustard leaves or romaine lettuce and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Place in a serving dish and serve with steamed rice while the soup is hot.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....