- 3 lbs stewing beef chuck, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt or 1 tablespoon patis
- 1 (12 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 Finger Chilli or Siling Haba
- In a large pot combine the first 8 ingredients: beef, vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, bay leaves, peppercorns, ground pepper and sugar.
- Let stand for 2 hours (traditional method is room temperature, I put in in the refrigerator).
- Bring mixture to a boil then simmer about an hour or until the meat is tender.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Use a slotted spoon to spoon out garlic from beef mixture. Add garlic to skillet and cook until brown. Use slotted spoon to add the beef to the skillet with garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until it is browned on all sides.
- Add salt or patis to taste and the coconut milk. Add the sauce from the pot that the beef simmered inches Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the Finger Chilli and Good served with rice.
Recipe Source here: http://www.food.com/
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....