- 1 cup coconut premium milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 (14-oz) cans cream of coconut (I use Lopez brand; available in the alcohol section
- of Hannaford)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 jar of macapuno (coconut sport strings; available at Asian/Filipino stores)
- Buko pandan flavor (optional)
1. Scald milk and coconut milk plus salt over low heat.
2. Remove from heat and add heavy cream and cream of coconut.
3. Chill for at least 4 hours.
4. Freeze using an ice cream maker. (Mine is Rival.)
5. When done, immediately stir in macapuno. (Optional: Add several drops of buko pandan. That’s the greenish ice cream in the picture. Personally, I like the plain one.)
6. Freeze overnight. (You might have to stir every 30 minutes or so for the first 4 hours to make sure the macapuno is distributed evenly.)
7. Optional garnishings: additional macapuno, kaong, or nata de coco (available in Asian stores).
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....