- 1 kilo pork pigue
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 pc. bay leaf
- 1 pc. star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 2 cups water
- Combine soy sauce, five spice powder, garlic and salt then mix well.
- Marinade the pork in the combined mixture for at least 1 hour.Heat a cooking pot then put-in the pork along with the marinade and water then letboil.
- Add bay leaf and star anise.Add brown sugar and stir to distribute evenly.
- Simmer for about 40 minutes flipping the meat after 20 minutes or so to tenderize the other side.
- If sauce dries and pork is not yet done, add more water. Boil over low fire until sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and remove the meat from the cooking pot.
- Allow the meat to rest for about 10 minutes then slice.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with the thick sauce.
- Garnish with parsley or spring onions cut into 1″ long sprigs. Best when served with pickled papaya.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....