- 3 lbs beef back ribs or short ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 8-10 pcs of taro roots, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lb okra
- 2 (227g) packages of frozen bilimbi (kamias), thawed (available in the frozensection of Asian store)
- 2 Serrano peppers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- Bunch of spinach, rinsed and trimmed
- Put beef ribs in a big pot and add enough water to cover it. Add salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off scums accumulated on the surface, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for an hour and a half, or until meats are fall off the bone tender. Add more water as needed.
- Add taro and cook for 10 minutes. Add okra and cook until taro is fork tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add bilimbi (kamias) and cook until softened, about 7-8 minutes. Using the back of a large spoon, mash kamias against side of the pot to release juice into soup.
- Add peppers, onion and fish sauce or salt to taste. Stir and let simmer for 5 more minutes. Stir in spinach. Remove from heat.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!
(Visited 341 times, 3 visits today)
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....