- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee (I use the Starbucks Via packs)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (see note)
- 8 ounces marscarpone cheese or cream cheese (low fat cream cheese is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ounce semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Place the instant coffee in the hot water and stir. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Chill until ready to use. (Alternately: you can use an 8 ounce carton of whipped topping. See note.)
- Mix powdered sugar and marscarpone/cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the coffee.
- Add up to the entire amount of coffee, depending on how strong you want your tiramisu. (I added all of it because that’s how I roll.) Mix in vanilla.
- Fold whipped cream into coffee mixture gently. Place the tiramisu in a gallon size ziploc bag that is fitted with a large round or 1M tip.
- Pipe a small amount the bottom of each of 4 serving glasses (my glasses were 6 ounce size). Top the layer with a dusting of cocoa powder. Continue layering the tiramisu and cocoa powder.
- Once you get to the top layer, grate the 1 ounce of semi-sweet baking chocolate over the tops of the serving dishes (instead of the dusting of cocoa powder). This gives a sweet first taste instead of being bitter from the unsweetened cocoa.
- Chill, covered, in the fridge until ready to serve.
(Visited 917 times, 1 visits today)
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....