- 1kg pork liempo (belly), cut into cubes
- 3/4cup peanuts, skinned and toasted (in lieu of salted black beans)
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 3 pcs. bay leaf
- 1 tsp. peppercorns, crushed
- In a pot, put the liempo and water (just enough to cover the liempo). Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the scum and lower the heat.
- Add the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Simmer it until the pork is tender.
- When the cooking liquid has evaporated, leaving just about less than a cup, stir once in a while to avoid burning the bottom. Wait until the pork renders its own fat then skim it off again.
- Add the peanuts and then season according to your preference.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....