- 100 grams Pad Thai Noodles
- 150 grams of fried, cubed tofu
- 4 medium size shrimp, deveined
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of garlic chives
For the Sauce:
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste – dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- Place the noodles into a medium size container. Place enough water over them to cover the noodles, and allow them to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and cut the tofu into cubes. Add some vegetable oil to preheated pan. Place the tofu in, and brown it on all sides. Set it aside.
- In the mean time, begin making the sauce by mixing about 1 tablespoon of concentrated tamarind paste to 1/2 cup of water. Using a spoon, mash it to extract the juices, and remove the seeds.
- Add the tamarind paste, fish sauce, chili sauce, and sugar to a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves, and bring it to a boil. Set it aside.
- Add some oil into a preheated wok. Add the shallots and the garlic. Stir and saute them over medium high heat until they are fragrant. Add in the shrimp and tofu. Stir and fry until the shrimp become pinkish.
- Add in the Thai noodles and water. Using two wooden spoons, toss until everything is well combined.
- Push everything to one side of the pan. Add in a little more cooking oil, and crack the egg in. Break the yolk, scramble it, and fold it into the noodles. Pour the sauce back over it. Stir it well until the sauce coats the noodles.
- Add in the bean sprouts and garlic chives. Toss everything for another minute or two until the noodles become tangled and soft. All of the liquid should be absorbed by the noodles.
- Place the Pad Thai on a plate, garnish with chopped peanuts over the top and lime wedges, bean sprout, and garlic chives on the side.
Source : Cook N Share
Image: Steamy Kitchen
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....