- 1kg Tilapia
- cooking oil for frying
- 2 eggplants, sliced
- string beans, cut
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk powder diluted in 1 cup of water
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Thaw the Tilapia, wash and drain excess water. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Heat oil and fry the eggplants until lightly browned. Do not overcook. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In the same pan, fry the fish to a crisp. Transfer into another plate lined with paper towel.
- Use a slightly bigger pan for the rest of the cooking. Heat about 2tbs of the used oil then add the garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until soft and fragrant then add the onions. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the string beans. Saute for another 3 minutes then add the diluted coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let simmer for about 5-8 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, do not stir.
- Return the fish and eggplants into the pan. Keep for about 2-3 minutes then check and adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. Serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....