Giniling Guisado Recipe
- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium size potatoes, diced
- ½ cup tomato sauce or one large tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or half green, half red)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 large carrot, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (optional)
- ½ cup cooked green peas (optional)
- 2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion over medium in a bit of cooking oil until soft and transparent.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add in the meat and cook, breaking it apart and stirring until it turns light brown, about 5 mins.
- Add in the black pepper, tomato, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using) potatoesand carrots (if using).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in the water and simmer everything together over medium-low heat for 10-15 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through and the liquid in the dish has reduced to a sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and more fish sauce to taste, add sugar if desired.
- Add the bell pepper and continue to cook everything until the bell pepper is tender.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....