- 3-5 tbsp of oil
- 1 eggplant
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 125 g crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 2 packets of quesillo
- sprigs of cilantro or wansoy
- Singe and burn the skins of the eggplant and bell pepper. Remove the skin, discard and roughly chop the flesh.
- Cut the potato and carrots into ¼-inch cubes, parboil for 5 minutes, drain completely. Roughly chop the onion, garlic and tomato.
- Beat the eggs. In a skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, and tomatoes in hot oil. After about 3 minutes, add the cubed potatoes and carrots. Continue cooking until the potatoes turn brown on the edges, then include the chopped eggplant, bell pepper and crab meat into the mix.
- Season with patis and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes while gently turning. Distribute the mixture evenly in the pan and create some holes and air pockets for the egg to settle.
- Pour the egg into the pan and gently distribute the beaten egg around the pan before it sets. Lower the flame to half, so the egg doesn’t cook very fast and burn.
- Turn on the top grill of your oven to high. Make sure to leave the door of your oven open.
- Slice the quesillo in four parts and distribute around the top of the egg. Garnish with cilantro or wansoy and crack some fresh pepper.
- Place in the grill until the eggs are set and the quesillo slightly melts. Serve with rice or pandesal Alternatively, you can use oyster, ground beef or any vegetables of your choice.
Notes on Torta:
Traditionally cooked in an unglaced terra cotta bibingkahan, this recipe can be cooked in an iron skillet or a teflon treated pan. Just make sure that your stove-top cookware can also be used inside the oven.
Kusina Master Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More....